So our job never gets easier, we just learn to cope better and learn tricks to get it all done. We are multi-taskers! All teachers, EA's, and support staff working in a school system!!! Look at all the things we need to do!
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO:
- Emotional Support
- Guidance Councillors
- Learning Ability Specialists
- Prepare Lectures
- Prepare Activities
- Grade exams and papers
- Hold parent/teacher, parent/teacher/student conferences
- Lead, coach, co-coach, watch, participate in extra-curricular events and activities
- Challenge, inspire, motivate, and encourage students
- Support and guide future leaders
- Make a difference in an individual's life
- Feel pride in your own and as well as your students’ accomplishments
- Obtain more knowledge
- Lecture on material that interests you as well as material that may not interest you
and the list goes on....
So when you get bogged down with marking, prep, and/or any other of the many things we do, just remember these few inspirational quotes:
"A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops."
"Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourths pure theatre."
"A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others."