Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I am glad to see some people have taken the time to check out this blog. Posting comments can help both me and you, so I really encourage you to do that as often as you can.

On another note:
Kids these days seem so much more technologically literate than we are. Even myself being as up to date as I am, I still find students figuring out answers to questions that I have no clue how to answer! My IP10 class is making websites and there have been a few times that I have been shown up by a couple of my technical students :-) which is great! I am glad to see them excelling beyond my own abilities. That is what it's all about!

If we can allow them to utilize and grow with the technology that is out there, then I believe they will be much more successful in the future when they enter the workforce, start their own business, or wherever they may go after high school.

2 comments:

  1. I find your comment about students being more literate than we are true...to a point. They are much more willing to take risks and play around, but when it comes to following complex instructions step by step to learn something not in their immediate sphere of experience (in my cases with graphics programs) they turn quite helpless even though the instructions are quite explicit (complete with screenshots of what is supposed to happen). I try to focus on students being able to read and/or use a manual / help to complete tasks as well as letting them experiment and play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the instructions issue. I have had problems with that as well. I know they can usually figure it out all by themselves if I just give them time to complete it on their own! There are only a few times that they truly needed my help on certain things they cannot figure out.

    ReplyDelete